Friday, March 4, 2016

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews

 In my case,  I used this book for the book set in my home state.  You could also use it for a YA book or a book with a yellow cover.  

This is the story of Greg and his friend, Earl.  They are unlikely friends and movie buffs.  They decide at a young age to make their own movies, which is essentially the basis of their friendship.   Greg knows Rachel from some sort of religious teaching school.   They sort of lose touch until Greg finds out that Rachel has leukemia.  

This book sort of has the flavor of Perks of Being a Wallflower, but isn't quite as good.   For those looking for a book about loss,  The Fault in Our Stars is better, in my opinion.   All that said though, if you are from Pittsburgh as I am, the commentary about "yinzers" alone made this book worth reading. 

I gave it three out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment