Friday, March 4, 2016

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I used this for the task  retelling of a fairy tale.   It could also be used for YA, fantasy, new series, etc....    I love Sarah J. Maas.   I think she is a beautiful and talented writer.   I loved her Throne of Glass series ( still reading it - anxiously awaiting the next book!)  However, as much as I loved that series, this one is even BETTER.   

This is the story of Freya,  a poor girl trying to keep her family alive.  To do so, she goes into the forest to hunt for food so that her family doesn't starve.  One day, in spite of the warnings, Freya kills a huge wolf in the forest and sells it's pelt for money.   It turns out that this wolf was a Fey,  what most people call faeries ( though not the diminutive kind). As punishment for this crime, Freya must leave her family and go to the world of Prythian, for the rest of her life.

I won't say any more about the plot, but I will say that I love how strong Freya is.   I thought the story beautiful in it's breath and scope.  I loved the anti-hero and I very much look forward to the release of the next book in the series later this year.  I gave this one five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment