Monday, April 17, 2017

Creativity Inc by Ed Catmull

Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull   I wanted to read more nonfiction this year.  This was  one of the first books that I chose.   I have to say, it didn't disappoint.

I had no idea exactly what was behind Pixar.  The creative minds, the practices they employed, the cultural changes that they were involved in - fascinating.

Ed Catmull wanted to work for Disney since he was a child.  When he had his opportunity, they offered him a job as an engineer creating rides in their theme parks.  He took a pass.  It wasn't his passion, it wasn't what he wanted to do.  But honestly, how many of us pass up on our dream because it was just a little shy of perfect?

All the greats are here:  Walt Disney, Steve Jobs, George Lucas and the list just goes on.  I found this book fascinating and riveting.  I was inspired.  5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment