Monday, April 17, 2017

If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo

If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo   This book seems so simple, but it isn't.  It's a beautifully written work about issues that are difficult and deeply personal.  Issues that  we, as a society, are struggling with how to deal with and yet this breaks it down into such an understandable  and personal way.

Andrew knows that there is something wrong.  All of his life, he has felt off, like something was missing. 


Amanda is the new girl at school.  Just like all teenagers, she wants to fit in, make friends, fall in love.   But Amanda has a secret and she is determined not to let down the walls protecting herself for anyone..... until she meets Grant.

If you read one book this year - this is it. I gave this book to my mother and it opened her eyes and changed her heart.   This book proved to me, once again, the power of words.  They can raise awareness, make us more compassionate and ultimately change the way we view our world.  This book is so much more than it seems.  It's a powerhouse.  Read. It. Now.  5 stars and I would give it more if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment