Monday, February 15, 2016

Morning Star by Pierce Brown









I would tell you that I read this book for my reading challenge, but the fact is, I have been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting with baited breath for this book to be released.  I read the first book in the series, Red Rising, in December of 2014.   I just loved the story and was thrilled to learn that it would be a series.  Lucky for me,  the next book, Golden Son, came out in February of 2015 so I didn't have long to wait.   As much as I loved Red Rising,  I thought Golden Son was even better, which is rare
for me with middle of a series books.   And the cliff hanger that it leaves on??  Well,  I had to wait a year to find out how that all would be resolved.   On to my thoughts of Morning Star.

It was worth every single second that I had to wait!   Every second.   It left me depleted and completely satisfied, which is so rare in a book.  The author successfully ties up every loose plot line.  From the start of this series to the end, the action continues to build and build - right up to LITERALLY the last minute of Morning Star. 

WOW.  MIND BLOWN.   Pierce Brown has rocketed his way into my heart and his series is in my top three of all time, joining JRR Tolkien and JK Rowling and, in the words of Albus Dumbledore, "that is saying something".   It is my most fervent hope that Pierce Brown continues to write and I think he is completely brilliant.   And hey, if a movie deal came out of all of this, I would be the first in line.   If I could give this book 10 stars I would, that's how much I love it.  If you haven't read the series, all I can say is,  What are you waiting for????  DO IT NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment