Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Oddfits by Tiffany Tsao

   I was going to read this for my free book category but as I couldn't finish the book,  I chose not to inclue it into any category.  I wanted to take some time to explain to my readers why I couldn't finish this book

This is the story of Murgatryod Floyd - a blonde, blue-eyed boy growing up in Singapore.   But Murgatrody doesn't fit in  and it isn't just his looks that make him an outsider,  he's an Oddfit - someone who is capable of seeing more than the Known World.

I was really excited about reading this book.  The ideas in it were fascinating and the authors ability to change perspectives are among the best I've ever read.

That said,  I couldn't finish it.  Why?  Well,  Murgatroyd works for a time as a waiter at a restaurant.  At this restaurant, there is an arena in the middle where the animals people eat for dinner are slaughtered.  This was explored.  I'm a HUGE animal activist and I couldn't get past it.

This author has a lot of talent and I would definitely read another book by her.   This book wasn't for me, but that doesn't mean that it isn't for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment