Friday, July 24, 2020

Empire of Gold by S. A. Chakraborty

The Empire of Gold: A Novel (The Daevabad Trilogy Book 3)  This was the third and final installment of the Daevabad trilogy.  I greatly enjoyed this series because I thought it was a completely original way to incorporate so many wonderful, familiar stories together.  This is the Djinn in an entirely new light.

This story follows Nahri and Ali as they find themselves back in Cairo after unintentionally escaping from Daeveabad.  They face a whole new set of problems now that Ali has the seal and it was never intended to leave Daevabad.   They find themselves looking for a way to find allies, return to their beloved city and face Dara and Nahri's mother once and for all. 

I loved how the story went through a complete redemption arc, especially for some of my favorite characters.  I loved the development of all - even some of the subsidiary characters like Jamshid.  The only thing I would have changed - maybe - about this book is that while the ending was satisfying, I wanted the bigger happy.  But now that I think about it, the characters got the ended they wanted.  

I gave it four out of five stars and I'm really glad I read this series.  Will definitely read this author again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment