Saturday, July 11, 2020

Blood and Bone and The Rise of Magicks by Nora Roberts.

The Rise of Magicks: Chronicles of The One, Book 3  Both of these are from the Year One trilogy. I decided to review them together because that just makes my life easier and hey, sometimes that should be a thing, right?   

So as I stated in my review of Year One, this series is about a pandemic, not unlike our own.  The Doom.   In the wake of the Doom, people survive and some develop "abilities" - magic.   Both light and dark.  The rest of the series is about The One - Fallon Swift - who is destined to defeat the dark.

This is your standard battle between good and evil, with very strong The Stand undertones.  Maybe because of that it was comforting to read.  Plus, since there is the magical aspect it was a pleasant diversion that sort of restores your faith in people and the ability of love and light to conquer all.  Definitely what I need more of in my life when that doesn't always seem to be my current reality. 

I really enjoyed it.  I mean, it isn't great literature but it is engaging, diverting, entertaining and more of what I needed right now.  So I gave this one four stars and I'm glad I read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment