Sunday, March 12, 2017

The Star- Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi   This was one of the 15 books from my TBR pile that I committed to reading this year.   I'm so glad I did. It got bumped up on my pile when I realized that it's sequel will also soon be released.

This is also a story by an author from another culture that I don't really know much about and I have been trying to expand my reading horizons.    Maya, the main character, is cursed.  She is born with a horoscope that promised death and destruction in her wake.   Her father arranges a competition of sorts which will allow Maya to chose her husband.  Her father's intention is to betray that choice and the results are disastrous for his kingdom and surprising in many ways for Maya.

There are so many interesting characters in this book.  Maya herself,  Amir- her husband,  Kemala - the talking demon horse ( a personal favorite) and Maya's younger sister , Gauri.

I thought this book was original, creative and wonderfully told.  I'm looking forward to the next installment,  A Crown of Wishes.    I gave this one for stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment