Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Best the New Year has to Offer

Ok Book Lovers,  let's talk new releases.  There are so many coming in 2015, but there are a handful that I am really looking forward to. Let's get down to the nitty gritty.

My most anticipated book doesn't come out until March 30th.  It seems like forever to wait for the next installment of Danielle Paige's wonderful Dorothy Must Die series.
In the second book, our heroine, Amy, will face even more challenges than Dorothy and her friends.  Just exactly who is that familiar shape on the cover?  What does it truly mean to be Wicked?  And will Amy and Nox figure out a way to have a relationship while still fighting for their precious cause?  When the book starts, Dorothy is no where to be seen.  Where did she go and what it the matter with the magic in Oz?   I can't wait for all these questions to be answered!

The next book I'm looking forward to is PS  I Still Love You by Jessica Han.  The first book, To All the Boys I've Loved Before was a delightful romp through the life of three teenage sisters.  I fell in love with the Song sisters and this often hysterical, always poignant tale of growing up and falling in love.  I can't wait to see what happens next.  Bummed I have to wait for June, but hey, it will be the perfect beach read!

Golden Son (Signed Book) (Red Rising Series #2)
The next book, Golden Son is the sequel to Red Rising, which I just finished.  Thankfully, I only have to wait 6 days for this one.  I can't wait to see what will happen to Darrow as he struggles with his identity and creating a dream of equality and freedom for his people.

This next one comes out January 20.  I read the first two books and loved them.  Sarah Addison Allen certainly knows how to bring the magic to life.  I'm looking forward to returning to Bascom, North Carolina to see what the Waverly sisters are up to.  If you haven't read Garden Spell or  Lost Lake, check them out.  

February 16th for this "beauty" 

This is the story of two friends, one strikingly beautiful who tries to play down her appearance to find true love; the other, a plain girl doing everything and anything to make herself more appealing to a man who has refused her.   I think this book will have many important things to say about what it really means to be beautiful.  I'm really looking forward to it.

June 9th - who can result a tale of forbidden love for a beach read?  A smart, teenage girl... her handsome, seemingly all - knowing English teacher.... yep, the perfect beach read. 

I'm sure there are more and will be more, but this is a good start for now.  What book release are you most looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment